As the seasons change, our skincare and beauty routines need updating! With summer just starting, I’m rounding up 15 of my summer beauty essentials!
- Neutrogena Sunscreen – As someone with sensitive and acne prone skin, I need to be really careful about what goes on my face. Neutrogena suncreen is perfect for me because of the lightweight formula that doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy. My skin feels clean and protected! I also love that they have super high SPF coverage, up to 100+!
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray – Being a skincare nut and hearing all the buzz about this facial spray, I bought a travel size to test out for myself! I am obsessed with this product! It smells like you’ve just entered a spa and spraying it on my face gives me 5 seconds to re-center myself during a busy day!
- Aesop Sage & Zinc Facial Hydrating Cream – While Aesop products are pricy, they are definitely worth it in my mind. This thick cream is a godsend for my skin and that moisturized feeling lingers for hours – even overnight! A little goes a long way which means this skin saver will last you a very long time!
- Merben Body Brush – As someone who is prone to unsightly razor burn and ingrown hairs, using a body brush before shaving has made such a difference! It’s so important to exfoliate before going to town with your Venus!
- Chic Canuck x Ella’s Botanicals Miracle Balm – When one product can remedy chapped lips, dry cuticles, AND heal minor scrapes, you know it’s def a miracle! Created by Ella’s Aromatherapy and The Chic Canuck, this balm is #CanadaProud and all-natural!
- Essie Pedicure Foot Oil – Talking about foot products may not be super chic but your toes are not to be neglected! After a long bath at the end of the day I take my pampering that much further by softening my tootsies with this Essie foot oil!
- Vita Liberata Ten Minute Tan – This Irish made super product is known for creating that two week Mediterranean holiday tan! Getting that glow has never been easier! Simply apply, let it marinate for 10 mins for a slight glow and 20 mins for a deeper tan!
- Miu Miu Eau de Parfum – The perfect summer fragrance! With notes of lily of the valley, rose and jasmine, this soft and fresh scent feels natural and elegant! Spritz on for a night out on a downtown patio or dab on for a day at the country farmer’s market!
- Bliss Ingrown Hair Remover Pads – Another not-so-cute essential but that’s what it is – an essential! These pads are soaked in exfoliating alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxyl acid which make for bump-free skin!
- Lush Lip Scrub – Say goodbye to chapped lips! Not only is this scrub super exfoliating but you can literally lick it off! With multiple delicious flavours to choose from Mint Julep to Chocolate and even Bubblegum!
- Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up Highlighter – Turn up the highlight, baby! My fave Benefit highlighter will give you cheekbones for days! Accentuate that bronze glow and swipe on brow bones, your cupid’s bow and anywhere else for a natural summery highlight!
- Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Cleansing Cloths – These wipes are a revelation! I have super sensitive skin and normally using makeup remover wipes is an uncomfortable process but not anymore! These babies are 100% biodegradable, and made with vitamin C, jojoba oil and organic honey! This is def a YYZ-based company you want to check out!
- L’oreal Nail Polish in Doutzen Red – The perfect summer nail colour! Doutzen Red looks AMAZE with a tan and the bright fire engine colour goes with everything. Plus, there’s nothing more glam than bright red claws!
- Kylie Cosmetics Bronze Palette – I was never a huge eyeshadow person but this palette has changed me for the better! The burnt orange colour called Citrine is the perfect transition shade, even though it looks quite intense! These shadows will accentuate your glow and they’re perfect for day and night!
- Garnier Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask – Being outdoors in the sun can dry out skin really quickly! To remedy that I started using this sheet mask by Garnier and after using it just once I noticed a difference! My face feels softer and doesn’t feel as tight. Def an amazing drugstore beauty buy!
Comment below what your summer beauty essentials are! I would love to know!
Thanks for reading xx